- Daughter, Eva on Jan 25th 1902 age 3 yrs.
- Thomas Forrest on Feb 15th 1921 age 69 yrs.
- Wife, Susan MacNair on Dec 4th 1948 age 83 yrs
Tuesday, 30 November 2010
This evening, I am posting information on Forrest family history as sourced from a family memorial at Old Cathcart Cemetery, Glasgow. This was erected by Thomas and Sarah Forrest and records the deaths of:
Monday, 29 November 2010
- Thomas Duncan on May 29th 1871, interred in Gorbals Old Burying Ground.
- Mother, Agnes Gladstone on Dec 8th 1900
- Isabella Madge Winchester on Aug 19th 1950.
- Alexander Gladstone Duncan on Sept 28th 1953
Sunday, 28 November 2010
This evening, I am posting information on Andrew family history as sourced from a memorial stone at Old Cahcart Cemetery, Glasgow. This records the deaths of:
- Margaret Mair on April 16th 1901 age 58 yrs.
- Alexander, son, on Nov 6th 1899 age 20 yrs.
- Alexander Allan Andrew on Dec 30th 1915 age 75 yrs.
Saturday, 27 November 2010
Friday, 26 November 2010
This evening, I am posting information on Robertson family history as sourced from a memorial stone at Old Cathcart Cemetery, Glasgow. This records the deaths of:
- James Robertson on Feb 7th 1895 age 74 yrs.Erected by the Office Bearer and Friends in Free St. John's, Glasgow in memory of 39 years faithful service of the Congregation as Deacon, Elder and Session Clerk.
- Jane Ogilvie, wife, April 16th 1921 age 85 yrs.
- Daughter, Jane Ogilvie on July 12th 1939.
Thursday, 25 November 2010
- James Hunter, late magistrate of Lochmaben, on Jan 20th 1859 age 38 yrs.
- Jane Wilson, wife, died at Strathbungo on Aug 6th 1886 age 76 yrs.
- Thomas Hunter, son, died at Strathbungo on Nov 2nd 1883 age 32 yrs.
- George Hunter, son, merchant of Glasgow, died at Craigmore, Bute on March 4th 1923 age 74 yrs.Interred at Lochmaben.
- Robert Hunter, son, died at Glasgow Oct 5th 1924 age 70 yrs.
Wednesday, 24 November 2010
- Margaret Dunlop Quinn, late of Invercargill, N.Z., wife of James Hunter, died at Pollockshields Aug 25th 1899 age 41 yrs.
- James Hunter J.P., Last Provost of Govanhill, died at Pollockshields Oct 6th 1929 age 82 yrs.
- His wife, Elizabeth P. Thompson, died Aug 2nd 1954 age 87.
- James Wilson Hunter Sept 29th 1975 age 70 yrs, son of James and Elizabeth.
Tuesday, 23 November 2010
- John B. Cromar, husband of Georgina Gray, on Feb 7th 1965 age 65 yrs.
Monday, 22 November 2010
- Thomas Steele Cambell on June 7th 1940.
- Maggie Fleming Anderson Campbell on Jan 24th 1964.
- Hugh Boyle on Dec 14th 1972 age 65, husband of Elizabeth Burns.
Sunday, 21 November 2010
- Henrietta Margaret........ July 9th 1892 age 52, wife of William Hewat.
- Son, William Hewat, died at Hong Kong on July 28th 1903 age 28 yrs.
- William Hewat on Feb 22nd 1907 age 67 yrs
Saturday, 20 November 2010
Isabella Allan Duthie, died at Hunasgeria, Bridge of Weir on Feb 24th 1905 and interred at Kilbarchin Cemetery. Wife of M.O. Davidson
Friday, 19 November 2010
- Charles Brown, born Kilmarnock Sept 19th 1830, died Langside Jan 26th 1896.
- Charles, son, born Jan 27th 1880, died July 13th 1904
- Janet Dougal Herbertson, wife of Charles Brown, born Nov 13th 1847, died Feb 23rd 1918.
Thursday, 18 November 2010
- Christina Nairn, wife of Thomas Helmes, on May 11th 1878 age 39 yrs.
- Thomas Helmes on Sept 2nd 1896 age 52 yrs
Wednesday, 17 November 2010
- Ellen Donald, daughter of John Milne Donald, artist and wife of William Smith, died June 11th 1885 age 35 yrs.
- William Smith, died Jan 6th 1894 age 58 yrs.
- William Smith, June 6th 1953.
- Helen Jane Morrison, Jan 3rd 1959.
Tuesday, 16 November 2010
- Margaret Murray Balfour, died at Newlands on Oct 7th 1913.
- Child, Dorothea, Dec 19th 1895.
- James Robertson Auld on Nov 5th 1901.
- Stewart Robertson on May 25th 1930.
Monday, 15 November 2010
This afternoon, I am posting information on Mackay family history as sourced from a memorial stone at Old Cathcart Cemtery, Glasgow. This records the deaths of:
- Margaret McLeod Roger on March 29th 1900 age 72 yrs.
- James King Mackay on April 8th 1919 age 52 yrs.
Sunday, 14 November 2010
This evening, I a posting information on Smith family history as sourced from a memorial at Old Cathcart Cemetery, Glasgow. This records the deaths of:
- George Smith, Crucible Manufacturer, Glasgow on July 1st 1892 age 63 yrs.
- Annie, daughter on Oct 27th 1870 age 16 months.
- Jeanie, daughter, on Nov 1st 1896 age 31 yrs.
- Jessie McColl, wife, on Jan 7th 1922, interred at Bristol.
- Elizabeth, daughter, Aug 18th 1931
Saturday, 13 November 2010
This evening, I am posting information on Docharty family history as sourced from a large family memorial at Old Cathcart Cemetery, Glasgow. The inscriptions, which can be found on three side of the stone, record the following deaths:
- James Docharty, A.R.S.A. Born June 7th 1829, died April 5th 1878.
- Daughter, Robina Bruce. Born July 2nd 1853, died April 9th 1899.
- Daughter, Jessie. Born Feb 19th 1867, died Nov 12th 1901.
- Wife, Robina Bruce Lang. Born July 3rd 1845, died Aug 2nd 1906.
- Son, Albert Lang. Born Sept 11th 1855, died Dec 18th 1908.
- Son, James Lang Crum. Born Dec 28th 1857, died June 29th 1915
- Son, Wilfred Bruce, husband of Agnes McIlraith. Born March 11th 1872, died Feb 11th 1927.
Friday, 12 November 2010
- John Tait Smith, Accountant, Glasgow on March 25th 1898 age 59 yrs.
- Jane Peddie on Oct 30th 1904 age 62 yrs.
- James C.S. Smith on Dec 13th 1935.
- Catherine Georgina Smith on Jan 24th 1959.
- Agnes Jane Smith on Feb 21st 1963.
Thursday, 11 November 2010
This afternoon, I am posting information on Finlay family history as sourced from a memorial stone at Old Cathcart Cemetery, Glasgow and which records the following deaths:
- Hunter Finlay on Nov 14th 1894 age 86 yrs.
- Margaret Mitchell, wife, Jan 18th 1898 age 84 yrs.
- Jane Mitchell on Sept 25th 1886 age 66 yrs.
- Florence Anna Finlay Steven on May 29th 1898 age 42 yrs.
- Robert Hunter Finlay on March 14th 18?? age 56 yrs.
- John Finlay on June 4th 1914 age 73 yrs.
- Jemima Finlay on Nov 7th 1941
Wednesday, 10 November 2010
- Hugh Slimmon on Aug 11th 1895 age 74 yrs.
- Jessie Slimmon, died in infancy.
- Janet Watson, wife, June 5th 1905 age 80 yrs.
- Gavin Wilson Oct 31st 1915 age 93 yrs.
- William Slimmon on Nov 4th 1921 age 69 yrs.
- Grace Slimmon , Sept 13th 1927 age 73 yrs.
- James Slimmon, Jan 23rd 1939 age 91 yrs.
Tuesday, 9 November 2010
- Jeanie Clement on Dec 4th 1883 age 16 yrs.
- Willie Clement on April 28th 1895 age 16 yrs.
- Mary Brown on March 10th 1901 age 60 yrs.
- Andrew Clement, Provision Merchant, on May 6th 1908 age 88 yrs.
- Andrew Clement on Jan 14th 1924 age 50 yrs.
Monday, 8 November 2010
- Margaret Macnab, died at Oaklands, Pollockshields on March 24th 1910 age 68 yrs.
- Son, William Charles, died in infancy.
- John Marshall on Sept 28th 1911 age 73 yrs.
Sunday, 7 November 2010
- Isabella Taylor, wife of James Rodger, died at Liverpool Ag 23rd 1880 age 74 yrs.
- David Rodger, son, drowned at sea Dec 30th 1875 age ?
- James Rodger, died at Langside May 30th 1888 age 84 yrs.
Saturday, 6 November 2010
- James Davidson Friskin, Boot Manufacturer, Glasgow. Born Dec 6th 18564, Died Feb 9th 1897.
- Catherine Lawson Friskin, wife. Born Oct 9th 1860, died June 12th 1940 in New York City.
- James Friskin, Born March 3rd 1886, Died March 16th 1967 in New York City.
- Catherine Murray Friskin, Born Aug 21st 1891, died March 2nd 1977 in Newton, Mass.
Friday, 5 November 2010
- Mary Handyside on March 24th 1897, wife of James Thomson, Orator of Kelvingrove Museum, Glasgow.
- Mary on Nov 1st 1908.
- Alexander on May 7th 1929.
- Janet on Dec 22nd 1934
- Agnes Boyd on June 20th 1943
- Alison Thomson on June 21st 1915, sister of James Thomson.
Thursday, 4 November 2010
- John Lightbody on April 4th 1897 age 63 yrs.
- Wife, Mary Thomson Colegate on Feb 8th 1908 age 74 yrs.
Wednesday, 3 November 2010
The inscription records the death of Brother James McDermid from Lodge Progress Glasgow no 873.
Tuesday, 2 November 2010
- David Henderson on Jan 8th 1908 age 64 yrs.
- Son, Alexander, Private, London Scottish, killed at Loos Sept 25th 1916 age 25 yrs.
- Son, Benjamin Hallblyth, 2nd Lieut. 5th Cameron Highlanders, died of wounds June 18th 1918 age 22 yrs.
- Margaret Auld, wife of David Henderson Oct 11th 1925 age 74 yrs.
- Her son, James McDermid Dec 26th 1927.
- His wife, Marion Haviland Aug 2nd 1918.
- Their daughter, Margaret Henderson March 16th 1963.
Monday, 1 November 2010
This morning, I am posting information on Inglis family history as sourced from a family memorial at Old Cathcart Cemetery, Glasgow. This records the deaths of::
- Mary Inglis on Dec 16th 1896 age 6 yrs.
- Peter Inglis on March 27th 1923 age 59 yrs.
- Margaret Taylor, wife, May 21st 1923 age 59 yrs.