Thursday 13 February 2014

Carslaw Ancestry, Newton mearns, Glasgow, Scotland

This evening, I am posting information on Carslaw family history as sourced from a memorial at Mearns Kirk Burial Ground. This records the deaths of:

  • John Carslaw of Humby on Sept 13th 1854, age 87 yrs.
  • Jane Leggat on Aug 13th 1876, age 69 yrs.
  • David Carslaw on June 30th 1854, age 10 rs.
  • William Carslaw on April 27th 1862, age 23 yrs.
  • Mary Carslaw on March 27th 1881, age 47 yrs.
  • Margaret Carslaw.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

This would be my father John Wallace Carslaw's great great great grandfather near as I can figure. I know they came from Humby Farm. My Dad's dad was Hugh Carslaw who had two brothers and who died fairly young. My grandmother was Janet Allison Cunningham I believe when she married Hugh. They had 4 children Ann, Janet, Christina and John.